2012-13 Zaragoza House Leaders
Dean: Alex Thompson
House Captains: Alex Bracken and Bruno Rozzi
House Chaplain: Corey Carroll
Junior Captains: Gus Ragland and T.J. Storer
Sophomore Captains: Alex Gruber and Noah Worobetz
Freshman Captains: Max Hensler and Connor McNamara
Mentor Teachers & Mentor Captains:
Alberto Delgado – Bobby Schantz and Derek Schappacher
Elena Keyser – Nick Staresinic and Jacob Heuker
Andy Pokupec – Corey Gruenwald and Nick Wedzikowski
Dan Ragland – Casey Pieper
Britt Raymond – Kaleb Nypaver
Matt Rooks – Jimmy Reckers and Quinn Collison
Bob Tull – Jacob Stuhfire
Zaragoza, Spain, is the place where Blessed William Joseph Chaminade spent his time in exile from France. While in Zaragoza, Fr. Chaminade had a vision of Mary at Our Lady of the Pillar Church. This vision inspired him to create the Society of Mary, the Marianists. Fr. Chaminade's teachings fuel the direction and philosophy of both Moeller High School and Zaragoza House, and our House's name pays homage to William Joseph Chaminade every time we say it. Without Zaragoza, Spain, there would be no Marianists or Moeller; the Blessed Mother is alive and well in our House and our school!
The Zaragoza Crest:
The crest tells everyone who Zaragoza is and the way we do things. We do things with courage, loyalty, and honor. We follow the Marianist traditions, and we work hard.
• The Lion – The lion is the symbol of Zaragoza, Spain. It also symbolizes courage and is the mascot of Zaragoza House.
• Blessed William Joseph Chaminade – Blessed William Joseph Chaminade is the founder of the Marianists who received his inspiration to do so in Zaragoza, Spain.
• The Marianist Cross – The Marianist cross is the cross of the Marianist church. Archbishop Moeller is a Marianist school.
• The Star – The star is taken from the coat of arms of the Marianists.
• The word "Courage" – to do what is right
• The word "Honor" – to follow through and earn trust, honoring our Marianist heritage
• The word "Loyalty" – to stay loyal to our faith
• The color Red symbolizes courage and honor.
• The color Gold symbolizes loyalty.